Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


Thursday evening Dave and I drove down to the LBI house. Along the way, we stopped in Red Bank for dinner. We didn't go to my condo, but we went out to eat at a cute little restaurant that we like there. I had a goat cheese quesadilla and really enjoy it - Dave had some clam dish the he liked. It took 1 hour 45 minutes to get to Red Bank, when it normally takes 45 minutes to get there. The traffic was pretty crazy for a Thursday evening. In LBI we did some basic food shopping for the week - milk, OJ, peanut butter, jelly, bread, etc.

Friday morning we did a lot of odd jobs around the LBI house - I finished painting the kitchen there (I needed to paint behind the fridge). Dave hung 3 shelves there for my mother too as part of the pantry. Dave re-hung the outdoor shower door since we were having issues with it. We then caulked the original holes, and caulked a hole in the siding from a doorbell that used to be there, and then I mixed paint to match the color of the siding and filled it in. Dave used his rollerblades as mode of transportation to run errands which I thought was cute.

We got to the beach on Friday afternoon and had great weather. Alyson and Jim arrived down there as well, and Jim made us dinner in the evening (shrimp, scallops in a butter garlic sauce with thick toast) In the evening, we went out to ice cream and watched the movie "Adaptation" which I really did not like AT ALL.

Saturday morning Dave and I walked to the nearby Wawa (convenience store in southern NJ) and I got chai and he got their coffee. It's yummy. We then continued walking down the island's main boulevard to look at a dinner menu of another restaurant, but they were serving breakfast and the breakfast menu looked good, so we stopped for breakfast. I got a taylor ham, egg and cheese on a hard roll and dave got crazy french toast. After that, we went to the beach for a few hours. In the evening, we went to dinner at this new fun restaurant, Daddy O. Daddy O is a hotel/lounge/bar/restaurant that caters to Mahattanite types and is swanky. We have eaten their food before, but this year (the 2nd year it has been open) our food was amazing! I had the best filet with a red wine demi glaze and Dave had an Asian pork. So yummy.

We then went back to the beach in the evening and flew a kite. Then we watched "Girl with a Pearl Earring." I've read the book so it was fun to see the movie.

Sunday morning we woke up and cleaned the house, and went to the beach for a bit to look for beach glass and just to take a walk. We then showered, and left to go to his cousin's house for Dave's father's surprise 60th Birthday. He seemed surprised and we had a lot of fun.

We then drove home - and it was a lot of driving cause his cousin's house is not really in a straight line from LBI to Northern NJ.

Today. Today I had originally planned to take off work, but then was going to go in. Then, my boss told me not to, so this morning, I decided to take her advice and take off. I had my laptop with me, so all was good.

It turns out that because of a random series of events, Dave also ended up taking off today, as well as his mother. My mother was home too. We ended up having a random impromptu party. My dad was at Jury Duty but came home too while we were still partying - so we all hung out by the pool and swam and had a grand old time. Going back to work tomorrow will be tough, haha.

I don't have a whole lot of pictures, but here are some:

Beach with Alyson on Friday

Beach with Dave on Saturday

Alyson took photos of Dave and I on the beach as a photo session. They're adorable.

And here is a random image from today in the pool.

I did a lot of my freelance web work as well. Going well!


Jul. 29th, 2008 06:29 am (UTC)
Love that portrait pic of you guys! (where you're both looking to the side) :)