Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


Dave and I came home yesterday night, and I'm sad to be back and not on vacation, but at the same time, I have so many things that I need to get accomplished. Dave has a crazy to-do list today too, and if we both get our acts together, we will be going over to his brother's house for dinner this evening for a Labor Day get-together.

Saturday morning after Dave's massage, we went out to breakfast. Then we went to the beach, and walked down the 7 blocks to the beach on Cynthia's street. She was on the beach with her boyfriend Jay, and the four of us went swimming and hung out together.

Dave and I went to one of our favorite restaurants that evening, and Dave and I did some shopping. Then Dave and I met up with Jennifer V and her cousin Michele and friend Halima at Cafe Bacio - and then Cynthia and Jay joined us later.

Sunday we went to the beach again after sitting on our deck eating breakfast and reading. So relaxing. The water was great all 3 days and we did a lot of swimming. We then packed up and left, eating at a Taco Bell on the way home. I hadn't had Taco Bell in years, and had a craving for it after he mentioned that he wanted to stop there. It was oddly satisfying!

Once we were home, I basically did NOTHING. I sat on the couch and watched Bridezilla and Platinum Weddings. Tuffy got really sick, and I honestly thought he was going to die. It was so scary. While I was on the couch, he sorta fell over, started twitching with his legs in the air, and puked A LOT. Then he passed out, in a pool of his own vomit, and peed himself (only like 3 drops though since he had just been outside.) He then napped and I had no idea if he had a stroke or just had a tummy ache and needed to sleep it off. I was crying hysterically and my mom and dad and I sat by him. After a while, (like, 2 hours) he just jumped up and went outside! So I feel bad for thinking the worst, but it was scary. And he's almost 13, so you never know what could happen! I gave him different dinner when we got home - it was what Charley and Rory were eating. So, it just might not have agreed with him. And, he's totally fine this morning - running outside, jumping on my bed, jumping off my bed, etc. Poor guy.

Here are some pictures from the past few days:

Dave being silly - at the Maritime Museum near the restaurant we had dinner at on Saturday.

It looks like I'm sitting funny, but I just have long legs, and I didn't want to get rust on the white pants!

Lifeguard Tuffy, Sunday morning

Outside of Cafe Bacio - Michele, Jennifer, me, Cynthia, Halima

Jay and Dave playing paddle ball on the beach on Saturday

Us on Saturday

Dave found so many baby crabs this trip! Here are two of his finds!

Cynthia and I on the beach on Saturday

My messy room after I dumped my stuff on the floor after the trip. It's terrible. I really need to organize myself today.


( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
Sep. 1st, 2008 07:50 pm (UTC)
awww, poor tuffy!!! i would be hysterical & crying too if any of my dogs did that :( i'm glad he's fine though. it looks like you & dave had a great time vacationing in LBI :]
Sep. 1st, 2008 09:22 pm (UTC)
Oh my gosh! I'd be soooo upset if Harlow did that... I already freak out when she makes funny noises and stuff. BUT Tuffy looks so cute in his Puppia harness! What a great picture.
Sep. 2nd, 2008 12:01 am (UTC)
Having a seizure is not normal for people or dogs, that is unless they have a seizure disorder. Falling asleep after a big seizure is common. I would suggest if it happens again that you take the dog to a vet, they can give him medication to prevent seizures.

It is frightening and can be dangerous expecially is the seizure is prolonged
Sep. 2nd, 2008 07:46 pm (UTC)
I'm so happy Tuffy's ok, how scary!
nice pics btw
Sep. 3rd, 2008 06:12 am (UTC)
Wow, that is scary about Tuffy. Poor little guy. Glad to hear he is okay though. What brand of doggie food do you feed him?
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

April 2014
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel